Some of our Frequently asked questions
Our event in 2021 will bring town and country together on the West Mid Showground. Due to COVID there will be differences in 2021 but we still have our livestock, horses, vintage tractors, refreshments and family fun and entertainment - you can find out more about the 2021 event here.
The Trustees and management team of the Show take their responsibility on covid regulations very seriously and we would like to share with you some of the safety measures we have put in place to help you enjoy our Show safely.
Just a few of our own Covid measures are below, but we will adapt to the changes as they are announced.
Should the event be cancelled due to an increase in Covid restrictions then all ticket holders will be refunded.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance of the show date, this allows us to enable a “Track & Trace” System
- Tickets will be limited to reduce numbers.
- Extra Sanitiser stations will be available across the Showground.
- We have limited indoor areas; these will be carefully controlled to ensure no overcrowding and masks will be required to be worn in all our indoor areas.
- Toilet areas will be stewarded throughout the event day, with regular cleaning in place.
- All catering outlets will operate a one way system and will produce their own Covid Risk Assessment prior to opening to check for compliance.
- Livestock areas will be stewarded with Covid Safety Wardens to ensure that visitors and exhibitors follow the social distancing rules.
Above all we want you to have a lovely day here with us and we will keep these guidelines updated as the need arises.
Adults - £5.00
Under 16s (one child aged 15 and under is free when accompanied by an adult holding a ticket)
Extra children (aged 5 to 16) - £1.00
Concessions - £5.00
Under fives free
Yes, as long as they are kept on a lead. There is also a fun dog show they can enter!
The showground is suitable for wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available for hire at Shropshire County Show. However, it is an agricultural showground and the terrain can be more difficult in places depending on the weather.
Yes, the showground has lots of space for FREE car parking for all visitors. Sponsors and society members also have access to VIP parking which is very close to the main arena.
The support of members of the society is vital to helping the showground function and events like Shropshire County Show to exist. By becoming a member you gain free entry to the show and the popular bonfire night fireworks spectacular. For more details visit - http://www.westmidshowground.com/join-us/